https://www.careersupport365.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/heart_2-featured.jpg 300 400 Greg Weiss https://www.careersupport365.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/CS365-logo-420px-pad.png Greg Weiss2015-12-04 19:09:282017-04-17 21:16:56A-Z Guide for Protecting Your Employer Brand and Reputation
As we move in to 2016, here are my thoughts on the "A-Z Guide for Protecting Your Employer Brand and Reputation".
- ALIGN what you say with what you do.
- BE on message all the time.
- COMMUNICATE frequently and clearly.
- Remember it is your DUTY TO CARE for all your staff - even those you are exiting.
- Clearly EXPLAIN the rationale for any changes that your business is taking and what this means to them.
- Continuously FOSTER trust, care, and openness with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor GOSSIP sites like Glassdoor and respond to any post openly, authentically, and immediately.
- Be HUMAN – that means showing your organisational vulnerability, care and heart.
- Regularly INFORM your employees of how your business is performing after changes.
- Be JUST - not expeditious when dealing with people.
- KEEP to your word - everyone is watching everything.
- Work to leave a LEGACY, not to earn a bonus.
- Drive your own MESSAGE - do not let Google dictate what is said about you.
- NURTURE your culture and prominently reward positive actions that reinforce it.
- Provide OUTPLACEMENT services for all departing staff.
- PRE-EMPT any adverse impacts on staff, morale, and productivity that any change might have.
- Create the channels of communication so that staff can confidentially QUESTION your actions and intentions.
- Show RESPECT to all staff - regardless of their hierarchical level.
- Do not underestimate the awesome power SOCIAL MEDIA that drives perception of your brand.
- Build and maintain TRUST with all stakeholders.
- During times of UNCERTAINTY, constantly inform your staff how your business is performing.
- Be aware that everyone has the platform to have a VOICE online that can influence your brand and reputation.
- People buy WHY you do what you do, ahead of 'How' and 'What'.
- eXPLAIN your actions and motives clearly and often.
- Your brand and reputation relies on YOU - and everything you do, your leaders do, and anyone representing your business does.
- Have ZERO TOLERANCE for behaviours that fracture trust and your culture.
* * * * * * * *